The first Seahawks home game of the regular season is Sunday, and in this city a new sporting season usually means a new array of stadium food. Some of the new offerings from CenturyLink exec chef Jon Severson (concessions are run by Levy Restaurants) sound kind of street food-ish, including Asian tacos made with grilled scallion pancakes and mayo-slathered elote.
Perhaps the biggest change this season is the addition of a new gluten-free cart on the concourse level, serving a menu of nachos, chili cheese dogs and the like. And while the stadium still dishes out its share of burgers, sausages and salmon BLTs, a new slate of "Fit Fare" healthy menu offerings include a chopped salad and a Mexican-style fruit cup. These additions will likely be a hit with some local attendees, and prompt a few nudges and snickers should any fans from the Midwest or Northeast come to town. Here's the list of gluten-free and healthy food additions.
· Vegetable Chop Salad: A mix of Romaine lettuce, spinach, broccoli florets, red onion, cucumber, asparagus, Kalamata olives, grape tomatoes, garbanzo beans and julienne carrots, served with a house-made red wine vinaigrette
· Grilled Chicken Sandwich: A juicy grilled chicken breast served on a whole wheat bun with lettuce and tomato
· Veg Out Cup with Hummus: Fresh vegetables including carrots, celery, jicama, cucumber and radishes, served with house-made hummus
· Fruta Cup: A mix of seasonal fruit such as watermelon, mango, strawberries, honeydew, cantaloupe and pineapple, served Mexican-style with a lime wedge and chili lime salt
· Hot Dog: Certified gluten-free hot dog, Kinnikinnick bun, Heinz ketchup and French’s mustard
· Chili Cheese Dog: Certified gluten-free hot dog, Kinnikinnick bun, Ghel’s chili sauce, cheese
· Nachos: Mission tortilla chips, Ghel’s cheese, Embasa jalapeños
· Loaded Nachos: Mission tortilla chips, Ghel’s chili sauce and cheese, LaVictoria Alamo salsa, Embasa jalapeños
· Red Bridge Beer: Gluten-free beer made without wheat or barley
· Snacks and Sweets: Taste Good Tortilla Chips, Gluten-Free Carmel & Cheddar Popcorn Mix, Eden Organic Pumpkin Seeds, Eden Organic Berry Mix, Larabars, NuGO Free Dark Chocolate Bar, Skittles, gluten-free gummy bears