Alex and Jonathan Parisi didn't have any restaurant experience when they bought the coffee shop Ground Control in Georgetown a year ago and turned it into a cocktail bar-slash-sandwich shop. Last Friday, January 25, along with their business partner Skylar Keith, they softly opened a new slick restaurant next door called Brass Tacks. The place is so new, there's not yet a website, Facebook page or even much to help you find it online.
Here are 5 things to help guide you to this cool new spot on the corner of 13th and Airport Way:
· Hours: Tues-Sun, 11a-11p with Sunday brunch possibly launching next week. Bar is open until 2a.
· The space is a former big and tall shop called Fusion Apparel
· The chef is Chris Opsata, formerly of Urban Enoteca
· Shares a kitchen with Ground Control, but has an entirely different menu
· The name was inspired by the brass tacks that are visible throughout the space