[Photo: Geoff Smith/LookAtLao]
Ethan Stowell did an interview with Puget Sound Business Journal on his growing empire of what is now 10 restaurants. A few nuggets:
· Branden Karow (pictured), chef at Stowell's Staple & Fancy, will take on the new role of roving administrative chef for Ethan Stowell Restaurants as part of their expanding executive team.
· Stowell's latest venture, a fish and chips joint next door to Staple & Fancy named Chippy's, will "be definitely more high-end than an Ivar's. It will have more involved appetizers and things like a wine list and fresh fish."
· Stowell says tiny spaces like Chippy's and Mkt. have their advantages: "If you get over 50 to 70 seats, it's just significantly harder, and this (fewer seats) is a more personable experience for us and a more personable experience for our customers."
· He's also quick not to take all the credit for his success: "People talk about it being me a lot. This company is not all about me. We have a lot of super talented and creative people who aren't just working for me. They're working with me."
Stowell's Red Cow, a steak and frites brasserie in Madrona, is expected to open next month in the former Restaurant Bea space, followed by fine-dining sibling Noyer in April.
· Ethan Stowell Restaurants [Official Site]
· With three new Seattle restaurants in the works, Ethan Stowell leans on team [PSBJ]
· All Ethan Stowell Coverage [~ESEA~]