While Seattle welcomed its share of splashy openings this year, it also saw its fare share of restaurant closures (with especially brutal months in June and September). As we conclude our Year in Eater 2013 coverage, here are the 12 most-eulogized and/or buzzworthy restaurant closings, in order of their demise. Did we miss a closing that tugged at your heartstrings? Leave it in the comments.
· El Puerco Lloron (1982-December 2013)
· The Canterbury (1976-December 2013)
· Vessel (August 2012-September 2013)
· Allium (May 2010-September 2013)
· Carmelita (December 1996-September 2013)
· Restaurant Bea (March 2012-July 2013)
· Continental Greek Restaurant (1967-June 2013)
· Copper Gate (Resurrected in 2006-June 2013)
· Rover's (August 1987-June 2013)
· The Viking (1950-April 2013)
· Mae's Phinney Ridge Cafe (1988-March 2013)
· Showa (November 2010-February 2013)
RIP. Leave your final farewells — to these and others — in the comments.
· All Year in Eater 2013 Coverage [~ESEA~]
· All The Shutter Coverage [~ESEA~]