Welcome back to Eater News, a semi-regular round-up of mini news bites. Have info to share? Email intel to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- October 28, Tulalip Resort Casino is closing 13-year-old Tulalip Bay Restaurant to make way for Tulabene Pastaria and Chophouse. The pasta and steaks are expected to sizzle in spring 2018.
- Also slated for early 2018, at the corner of E Madison St. and 15th Ave., is Intrigue Chocolate and Coffeehouse, a Capitol Hill cafe expansion for Pioneer Square’s adventurous Intrigue Chocolate Co., featuring Conduit Coffee. The chocolatier is also in the final hours of its fully funded (and then some) Kickstarter campaign to create chocolate bars with flavors inspired by the Pacific Northwest, like the combo of hops, clover, and honey.
- Gig Harbor-based Heritage Distilling’s co-founder Justin Stiefel is sponsor and co-host of a new weekly KIRO radio show called “Cask Club Radio,” all about the culture of craft spirits, cocktails, beer, and wine.
- New York Times columnist Frank Bruni explores the overlap between the pumpkin spice trend and Donald Trump.
- West Seattle’s Kokoras Greek Grill appears to be closed, with a now-removed handwritten sign blaming “employee conflict.”