- Modern Steep, formerly Remedy Teas, is leaving Capitol Hill behind to grow its online business starting August 26. The neighborhood is sadly lacking in dedicated tea shops to take up the mantle.
- Comedian Kevin Hart interviewed local comics and dined at Southern Kitchen while he was in Tacoma last week filming an episode of his Comedy Central show, Hart of the City.
- This fall, two alums of Georgetown Brewing are opening West Coast-inspired Untold Brewing on Massachusetts’ South Shore, about 30 miles south of Boston.
- Leading up to its 25th anniversary in October, Pike Place Market staple Piroshky Piroshky is donating its signature baked goods to schools, charities, and local businesses, all of whom can email the bakery to enter a weekly random-drawing.
- Featuring seven days of $5 cocktails at 15 local bars to fortify Seattleites for these dark times, The Stranger’s Highball Week starts next Monday, August 21.
Comedian Kevin Hart Films an Episode at Tacoma’s Southern Kitchen (and More Updates)
Capitol Hill’s Modern Steep tea shop is closing, two Georgetown Brewing alums are opening a Massachusetts brewery, and more