Welcome back to Eater News, a semi-regular round-up of mini news bites. Have info to share? Email intel to email@example.com.
- It’s notoriously hard to get a reservation at The Pink Door, Pike Place Market’s Italian restaurant with live entertainment, so owner Jackie Roberts has started “Club Pink Door,” a $25 yearly membership that allows fans with local zip codes to book expedited reservations. The fee covers the production of membership cards (needed for table check-in), postage, and “administrative time,” according to a press release.
- Zeeks Pizza is taking advantage of a change in liquor laws to deliver bottled and canned beer with its pies, and the prices are good. The current selection of 17 (mostly local) beers, three wines, and one cider will soon be expanded to include the pizzeria’s entire draft list in the form of crowlers (can-growlers) filled to order.
- Has Capitol Hill reached peak pizza? Not if a Pike/Pine expansion of A Pizza Mart — around the corner from Big Mario’s — is any indicator. No date is set for when the local chain will add to its collection of restaurants in the University District, West Seattle, and First Hill.
- More pizza-related reports: The second location of West Seattle’s well-received Itto’s Tapas, which focuses on Moroccan and Spanish small plates, will replace Toscana Pizza at Summit and Mercer.
- When R & M Dessert Bar opens at Pike and Belmont in October, Capitol Hill customers will have another late-night dessert option. Whole tarts with flavors like passionfruit and mango-guava will coexist with snackable sweet and savory items at a walk-up window until 2 a.m. on Fridays and Saturdays.
- Because there’s no trend safe from being coopted by Starbucks, the chain is serving Whiskey Barrel-Aged Cold Brew at select Starbucks Reserve Bars, including the one on Capitol Hill. In addition, customers who need more — not less — Pumpkin Spice Latte in their lives can follow these instructions to create a monstrous Pumpkin Cheesecake Frappuccino.