Welcome back to Eater News, a semi-regular round-up of mini news bites. Have info to share? Email intel to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Mi Kim’s popular but intermittent pop-up Raised Doughnuts has found a permanent home in the Central District. Her gluten-free mochi doughnuts, maple bars, and raspberry holes will live at 23rd and Spring, hopefully by May.
- Essential Baking Company’s Take and Bake bread is now being sold in select retailers nationwide. The bakery has also reduced the amount of packaging to reduce waste.
- With its unusually shaped Mexican baked goods and its drag queen costume-inspired Rupaul’s Drag Cakes, Wallingford’s Cubes Baking Co. has been named Small Business of the Month by Seattle’s Office of Economic Development.
S3E1 #rupaulsdragcake Our hometown hero BenDeLaCreme dazzled during a campy burlesque performance, terminally delighting everyone watching...so, we couldn’t pass up the opportunity to create a burlesque themed, pasties-and-tasseled cake! Thanks @bendelacreme for continuing to put on great shows in Seattle. While the other queens questioned where you’ve been, we’ve had the pleasure of enjoying your performances in our city, which are always hilarious/creative/timely! #seattleburlesque #seattle #tasselcake #infernoagogo #homofortheholidays #cubesbaking #bendelacreme #teamdela #teambendelacreme #seattlebridebestcake2018
- Orin Smith, Starbucks CEO from 2000 to 2005 and UW Regent, has died at age 75 of pancreatic cancer.
- An Arizona girl who attempted to take her horse through a Starbucks drive-thru was denied service. A Starbucks spokesperson said the drive-thru is for cars only, even though there are videos online of others being served on horseback.