Welcome back to Eater News, a semi-regular round-up of mini news bites. Have info to share? Email intel to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Choice Deli and Grocery’s building is for sale at the corner of 8th Ave. NW and NW 65th St. in Ballard, but the store’s lease is good until 2026, so it’s not going anywhere for a while, even if the property changes hands.
- Renee Erickson’s General Porpoise doughnut shop in Laurelhurst and her still-unnamed new restaurant in the Amazon Spheres are both opening in June, according to job postings by Erickson’s restaurant group, Sea Creatures.
- Falafel Salam is adding a bakery to the back of its West Seattle restaurant. The addition will allow chef and owner Shimi Kahn to bake fresh pita, “insane baklava, and other surprises.”
- Ballard’s viking-themed beer hall Skål has crushed its $25,000 Indiegogo campaign goal by more than $13,000, and there are still 10 days left to contribute.
- In July, Ethan Stowell Restaurants is passing ownership of its fancy car-themed Derby restaurant to Matt Bell, who also owns the SoDo auto club The Shop that houses Derby. A rep said it makes more sense for The Shop and Derby to be run as one company.