Welcome back to Eater News, a semi-regular round-up of mini news bites. Have info to share? Email intel to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Li’l Woody’s has added a bar to its South Lake Union burger shop, making this the first of the local chain’s locations to serve alcohol. Happy hour is weekdays 3 to 8 p.m., with boozy slushies and milkshakes, boilermakers, draft and can beer, and wine, and all food, including the new cheeseburger dumpling, is 20-percent off with the purchase of an adult beverage.
- Incubator/pop-up Addo, from chef Eric Rivera, is becoming a permanent installation in the Ballard Royal Drummer space it’s been temporarily occupying for the last few months. Starting today, Addo serves breakfast, lunch, and happy hour in the space, adding weekend brunch soon. Royal Drummer, from the owners of El Diablo and Cloud City Coffee, will shift to the background, managing just the coffee part of the experience.
- Capitol Hill’s outlandish circus-themed bar, Unicorn, is expanding to White Center by December 2019. Owner Adam Heimstad says the new location will take up residence in a former bowling alley next to Beer Star, giving it plenty of space to host karaoke, drag shows, and art exhibits.
- Taylor Hoang, who oversees the Pho Cyclo restaurant group and recently opened Redmond’s District One Saigon restaurant and Maxwella’s Cafe and Bar, was named UW Bothell’s Distinguished Alumna of the Year.
- North Queen Anne’s Scandinavian-themed Byen Bakeri has new owners in pastry chef Rachel Antalek and business partner Larry Walsh. Founding owners Michelle and Brian Morck will stay on to help with the transition, so there shouldn’t be any interruption in the making of specialties like kringle, kransekake, and breads.