Tex-Mex will hit Interbay next week when Wood Shop BBQ owners James Barrington and Matt Davis open Oaky’s inside Batch 206 Distillery. It will fill the spot left by Windy City Pie’s sought-after deep dish pizza, which moved out last year. When Oaky’s opens on Friday, January 11, Barrington and Davis will show off their wood-smoked take on classics like carnitas tacos and enchiladas. Given the acclaim for the duo’s food at their Central District restaurant and food trucks, this one definitely shows promise.
The idea came from several research trips to Austin, Texas and the Southwest, during which Barrington and Davis developed a love for Tex-Mex. The menu at Oaky’s (1417 Elliott Ave W) includes pozole, albondigas, smoked brisket chili, nachos, fish tacos, burritos, and cornbread, and what Davis calls his “real core passion,” creamy queso for dipping tortilla chips.
Meanwhile, Windy City is putting the final touches on its new Phinney Ridge home for its Chicago-style deep dish pizza. That should open early this year.
- All Coverage of Batch 206 Distillery [ESEA]
- All Coverage of Wood Shop BBQ [ESEA]
- Oaky’s Tex Mex [Official]
- The Best Damn Barbecue in Seattle [ESEA]
- Smoked Tex-Mex Meets Local ‘Tequila’ at This Interbay Distillery’s Next Restaurant [ESEA]
- Seattle’s Best Chicago-Style Pizzeria Is Moving On Up to Phinney [ESEA]