Sir Mix-a-Lot was in Woodinville last night judging the Iron Vintner Challenge. The guy loves food.
Eater caught up with him to ask him about, what else, his favorite culinary standbys in Seattle. Dick's is the place where the crew hang out, but is it Mix's favorite burger? Nope.
Some other fun facts straight from the rapper's mouth:
· He lives in Auburn, "There's nothing to eat out there."
· His dad was the cook in the family, "He's the one who taught me well-done steak is not very good."
· Dont' tell him what he should like, "A lot of times I hear chefs talk about what people like. I swear, food is like mates. Everybody has their own thing. I love things buttery, creamy, rich. If I'm going to cheat, I cheat. But I'm not interested in someone else telling me what 'right' is. I hate that."
· He's a self-described food fanatic, "I frequent the Cheesecake Factory. The menu is like a bible. If you don't find something there, you're probably not very hungry."
· He also loves Qdoba, "I tend to go with simplicity. Sometimes I like really big restaurants and sometimes I like restaurants that cook one thing."
Here now, in random order, is a map of his favorite places to eat around Seattle.